Starten Sie den Audio-Text
Mit dem Audio-Player können Sie sich den Text anhören. Darunter finden Sie das Transkript.
In this exercise, we’ll look at some collocations. These are words that frequently go together to form word partnerships. Listen carefully to the following shopping guide for the Bruntsfield area in the south of Edinburgh.
Lots of charming cafes, specialist food shops and charity shops full of knick-knacks and vintage fashion. Heading south, away from the high-street shops of Princes Street, up Lothian Road and past Tollcross, you’ll eventually come to Bruntsfield. This leafy neighbourhood is down-to-earth and friendly, with plenty of cafes, restaurants and independent shops. Whether you’re looking for an unusual gift or something special to take home for dinner — you’re sure to find plenty to tempt you in Bruntsfield!
OK, in this exercise, you’ll hear the beginning of a sentence describing a situation. In the pause, complete the sentence using a collocation with the correct term from the text that you have just heard. Then, you’ll hear the correct answer. OK, here’s the first sentence.
1. A shop that is situated on the main street of a town is…
- a high-street shop. A shop that is situated on the main street of a town is a high-street shop.
2. A retail outlet that is owned and to run sth.hier: etw. betreibenrun by an individual and not by a chain is…
- an independent shop. A retail outlet that is owned and run by an individual and not by a chain is an independent shop.
3. A shop that sells used itemArtikel, Wareitems cheaply to raise money for people in need is…
- a charity shop. A shop that sells used items cheaply to raise money for people in need is a charity shop.
4. A retail outlet that sells a particular product range is…
- a specialist shop. A retail outlet that sells a particular product range is a specialist shop.
Well done! If you didn’t get all those collocations right, listen to the text again and then try the exercise once more.
Neugierig auf mehr?
Dann nutzen Sie die Möglichkeit und stellen Sie sich Ihr optimales Abo ganz nach Ihren Wünschen zusammen.