Starten Sie den Audio-Text
Mit dem Audio-Player können Sie sich den Text anhören. Darunter finden Sie das Transkript.
Transcript: Exercise — “Should” and “shouldn’t”
In this exercise, you’ll hear a sentence. In the pause, reword the sentence using “should” or “shouldn’t”, without changing the meaning. Then you’ll hear the correct answer. Ready?
1. It would be a good idea for us to accept their offer.
→ We should accept their offer.
2. We expect to arrive by midday.
→ We should arrive by midday.
3. It is not advisable to outsource the IT departmentAbteilungdepartment.
→ The IT department shouldn’t be outsourced.
4. I don’t think you’ll have any problems.
→ You shouldn’t have any problems.
5. I think that taxes on alcohol ought to be increased.
→ Taxes on alcohol should be increased.
6. I don’t think I would worry if I were you.
→ I shouldn’t worry if I were you.
7. If there’s a problem, you can always call me.
→ Should there be a problem, you can always call me.
How did you do? If you found that exercise difficult, well, you should go back and try it again, shouldn’t you?
Neugierig auf mehr?
Dann nutzen Sie die Möglichkeit und stellen Sie sich Ihr optimales Abo ganz nach Ihren Wünschen zusammen.