Starten Sie den Audio-Text
Mit dem Audio-Player können Sie sich den Text anhören. Darunter finden Sie das Transkript.
Transcript: Exercise — “Should” and “shouldn’t”
In this exercise, you’ll hear a sentence. In the pause, reword the sentence using “should” or “shouldn’t”, without changing the meaning. Then you’ll hear the correct answer. Ready?
1. It would be a good idea for us to accept their offer.
→ We should accept their offer.
2. We expect to arrive by midday.
→ We should arrive by midday.
3. It is not advisable to outsource the IT departmentAbteilungdepartment.
→ The IT department shouldn’t be outsourced.
4. I don’t think you’ll have any problems.
→ You shouldn’t have any problems.
5. I think that taxes on alcohol ought to be increased.
→ Taxes on alcohol should be increased.
6. I don’t think I would worry if I were you.
→ I shouldn’t worry if I were you.
7. If there’s a problem, you can always call me.
→ Should there be a problem, you can always call me.
How did you do? If you found that exercise difficult, well, you should go back and try it again, shouldn’t you?