Not all workplace presentations are long, formal talks given to large external audienceZuhörer(innen)audiences. Many are short, internal presentations that take place within a regular team meeting or a meeting of head of departmentAbteilungsleiter(in)heads of departments. Such presentations often to outline sth.etw. (kurz) darstellenoutline a problem, present results or simply to provide an updateeinen aktualisierten Überblick über etw. gebenprovide an update about the status of a project.
Useful phrases for internal presentations
A. Giving background information
- I’d like to talk to you about our/the… project.
- This shouldn’t take more than about… minutes.
- We started this project… weeks/months ago.
- As you know, this is a key project.
- This project will enable us to…
- As you (probably) know, we’re now in stage… of this project.
- We’ve already started the main part of stage…
B. Giving updates
- As you might remember, we had some problems with…
- However, we’ve to encounter sth.auf etw. stoßenencountered some problems.
- Unfortunately, we haven’t been able to…
- We haven’t solved this issueProblemissue yet.
C. Checking understanding by asking questions
- Is everyone with me so far?etwa: Ist so weit alles klar?Is everyone with me so far?
- Is that clear?
- Do you follow me?
- Do you see what I mean?
- Does that make sense?
- Are there any more/further questions at this point?
- Shall I go through those figures again?
D. Asking for support
- I need some help with…
- I need some help in getting…
- Does anyone know how to… ?
- Can you please talk to… ?
E. Talking about the next steps
- Our next step needs to be…
- We need the support of…
- Can we extend the current deadline(s)?
- I’m sure we can to get back on schedulewieder im Zeitplan seinget back on schedule soon.
- Let’s to follow up(die Sache) weiterverfolgenfollow up individually after this meeting.
As you read Ulrike’s presentation below, think about the answers to these questions:
- How does Ulrike make sure that everyone can follow her from the beginning?
- What does Ulrike say in order to get others to focus on her news about the project?
- How does Ulrike turn her focus to the future of the project?
Neugierig auf mehr?
Dann nutzen Sie die Möglichkeit und stellen Sie sich Ihr optimales Abo ganz nach Ihren Wünschen zusammen.